Another witness turns hostile in Malegaon blast case, 25th so far
Read Time:30 Second
A military officer, who is a witness in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, was declared hostile by the court on Thursday. So far, 25 witnesses have turned hostile.
The witness, whose statement was included by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in its chargesheet, told the court that while ATS officers had questioned him, his statement was not recorded. While he said he knew accused Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit, he refuted the contents of his alleged statement.
Special Public Prosecutor Avinash Rasal, during cross-examination of the witness, asked him if he was deposing falsely to save Purohit, which the witness denied.